Choosing the Right Realtor
8 Questions to Ask a Real Estate Agent
Choosing the right agent can mean the difference between a successful real estate transaction and a stressful transaction with a disappointing outcome. Before hiring an agent, you should have a list of questions to go over with them. Below are some questions you should incorporate into your interview:
- Why does the agent want to work for you?
- What makes the agent a better choice than other agents?
- How many homes should a buyer look at during showing appointment(s), and why?
- What marketing strategy will the agent use when listing a home for sale? How aggressive is their marketing plan?
- How often can you, the client, expect the agent to communicate with you throughout the real estate transaction?
- As a seller, what will make your home desirable to buyers?
- Is your home in its best “showing” condition? If not, what needs to be done?
- Why is a home worth more or less than you believe it to be?
Some agents will answer these questions similarly, so look for agents who are fully prepared to answer all of your questions. There is a lot to be said for being up-to-date technologically speaking, but remember: the foundation to a successful real estate transaction is superior customer service through experience, integrity, and results!
To learn industry tips for choosing the right realtor to sell your home, contact Blaser Yoakum today at 817-328-1128 or fill out our online form.
The Blaser Yoakum Team
Brenda Blaser 817.919.0917 and Pam Yoakum 214.929.5535