Bedford, Texas is a mid-sized city located 17 miles northeast of Fort Worth in Tarrant County. When looking for homes for sale in Bedford, buyers often ask about nearby Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, where local residents enjoy easy access to the busiest airport in the state of Texas. Hurst and Euless border Bedford’s city limits, and together, they form the Hurst-Euless-Bedford Independent School District (HEB ISD), featuring superior curriculum and instruction and low student-to-teacher ratios.
Bedford Facts and Figures
- Bedford has a population of 46,979 as of the 2010 census.
- The median household income in Bedford is $60,084, according to the 2010 census data.
- The median price for a home for sale in Bedford is $150,400.
- Some of the top employers in the city include Carter BloodCare, Wal-Mart, Texas Health Resources, Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD, and Warrantech.
- Bedford’s crime rate is lower than the state average.